Saturday, December 6, 2014

Christmas traditions

I am, with no possible doubt, extremely sentimental.  I love the Christmas season in part because of all the lovely traditions that our family has developed over the years.  It started with my grandparents, Anise cookies cut out, baked and iced, or elaborate Christmas trees dripping with tinsel and angel hair.  It continued with my own parents and in laws, Christmas Breakfast with all the cousins, watching Christmas movies, going to Mass, and eating pretty much all day long.  Now with my own kids, we blend all of these precious times together.  I can't give up a single one of them.  For me, it is the heart of the season, the family, the memories, the celebration of what God has given us.  May we all remember the real reason behind the traditions, and value this time for what it means to our souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment