Monday, December 22, 2014

A happy treat for the holidays

I was celebrating Christmas with my in laws on Sunday when one of my mother-in-law's good friends called her and told her that my book was in the Louisville Courier Journal.  I was surprised, to say the very least.  I hadn't heard anything about it.  I watched as my family dug into the paper to pull out the Arts section.  There was the article, Favorite Reads From Local Book Connoisseurs.  And there was my book, the Parrot Told Me, placed in the same list as Sue Monk Kidd and other esteemed authors.  I just stared at it.  I was so excited, so thrilled to learn that my book had inspired such a wonderful review.  It is such an honor to be given this place on the list, and I am so grateful to all that have supported me, most especially Karen Eldridge.  This was one Christmas gift that I will treasure throughout the year!


Favorite Reads From Local Book Connoisseurs

No comments:

Post a Comment