Saturday, October 11, 2014

Writing for Fun

I started writing my story, Talitha, when I was a young mother living in J-Town, on the outskirts of Louisville, Kentucky.  Close by my house was a street named Talitha, and although I never knew why, I really liked that name.  I adopted it as the name of a haunted house and started to craft the story.  Fast forward years later.  I have started serious editing of my original novel, beefing up the characters, pouring over the plot, and bringing it more up to date.  And although that may sound kind of boring, I have surprised myself how much I have enjoyed reading the story.  Its October, Halloween is coming, and spooky is in the air.  What better time to read a scary story!  Especially one that you can make as scary as you want it, pull out and put in bits, change characters, challenge characters, and like a grand puppet master, make them all bow to your evil whims.....
Oh, sorry, got a little carried away there.
But in truth, writing can be very fun.  It's like writing a movie in your mind, one that you can start, stop, and alter at any moment.
Take a moment, write a story, and share!
Boo!

No comments:

Post a Comment