Thursday, November 5, 2015

Apple, Android, or Blackberry, Oh My!

Okay, so its a deep dark secret, a spot of shame, but I have owned and enjoyed a Blackberry. Now I'm writing this on an iPad, my primary computer is a Windows 10 monster, my phone is a Note Edge (jealous yet), but the idea that there is a Blackberry device that runs Android is strangely inviting.

I'm not a business person. I work as a Speech Language Pathologist and part time fiction author. So why would I need an undeniable business device, the Blackberry?

Sigh. I don't. 

However, the Blackberry has this lovely keyboard, and in my field, a keyboard is a handy dandy addition to any flat screen. So I'm tempted. I love my Note, the slick little stylus, the big ol screen. But I think I'd like to have a keyboard for the speed of typing, the precision. How else is a writer to create the next great American novel if they can't type really fast and really accurately?

So the question remains, is the leap worth it? I liked the Passport, but couldn't keep it. Great screen, great keyboard, too much hassle to go from Android to the new OS.

Time will tell, I suppose. It will be months before Swappa starts offering the new phones at discounted prices. And will I cave? Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment